Saturday, October 4, 2008

Firsts

Wyatt has had a number of "firsts" these past few days. Yesterday was his first time on the interstate, first time thru the Chick-Fil-A drivethru, and first time at the grocery store. Yes, it was quite the big day. I took Darrin and Brandon lunch and then Wyatt and I went to visit Wyatt's little girlfriend (a.k.a. our good friends Kelby & Jill's 2 month old daughter Ella). We stopped by Keva Juice and picked up a sweet snack on the way. I was really craving Keva Juice for some reason. I'm not sure what is up with my cravings. I didn't have any my whole pregnancy and now I have them...go figure. :o) Anyways, we enjoyed spending some time with Jill and Ella and then we had to stop by Publix on the way home to get a gallon of milk. I was a bit nervous about braving the grocery store the first time but I soon found my fears unnecessary. Wyatt was such a good little guy. I just put him in the sling and he loved it. We were in and out of the grocery store in less than 10minutes...I was so proud of him (a little proud of myself, too).


Today was another day of firsts. This morning we decided to take Wyatt to the beach. He slept so well last night (I fed him at 11:00pm and he only woke up at 4:00am and 7:00am) that Darrin and I woke up feeling really good so we packed up and headed to the beach. It was such a beautiful morning. The weather could not be any nicer (low 80s, slight breeze, and bright blue skies). We put him in the sling and then took a nice walk along the shore. I think Wyatt liked the beach (although he never technically opened his eyes at any point while we were there).




Wyatt absolutely loves the sling




First trip to the beach


Well, I gotta go. The little man is getting hungry (again)! :o)

1 comment:

  1. Emily,
    I came across your blog through Loving Life (hope you don't mind). Your sister told me that you had a little baby boy. He is adorable!!! I am glad that you are doing good.
    Take Care,

    Jess

    ReplyDelete